- All rates include full breakfast daily. Rates are quoted in US Dollars and do not include a 16% sales tax (IVA) or 2% bed tax. All rates subject to change. Corporate rates are available for midweek stay (Sunday - Thursday) - 1 person. High season dates apply to the Cervantino Festival (which varies but usually occurs in October), Christmas week (Dec. 24 - Jan. 1) and Easter week (which varies). Nightly rates on this website are for bookings made directly with us, either by clicking the Book Now button, by email, phone or fax. We regret that we cannot be responsible for any differential in booking rates for reservations made through a travel agent or internet travel website, as those rates may differ from those posted on our website or on our rate cards. We have a two-night minimum on the weekends during our high season.
- Deposit required 30 days in advance for 50% of stay. Balance due 2 weeks in advance. For same-day reservations or reservations made within the two-week arrival period, payment in full for your stay is required. For bookings made during our high season, special events such as weddings, or payments made using checks in the US, we require payment in full 30 days prior to your arrival. Payments for your stay in Casa Estrellita (our guesthouse) must be made in full 30 days in advance.
Method of Payment
- Reservations must be secured with a credit card for 50% of the expected billing within 30 days of arrival date and the balance paid in full two weeks prior to your arrival date. We gladly accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express & Discover Card. For payments made with a check in the US, reservations must be secured with payment in full within 30 days of the arrival date.
Check In Time
- Check in time is 4 p.m. Special arrangements for late arrivals.
Early Check In for Additional Charge
- Early check ins are welcome. If you wish to check in earlier than 4 p.m. on your arrival day, and your room is available, there will be no additional charge. If your room is not available, we will gladly hold your bags until it is for no additional charge. You may join us for breakfast prior to 10:30 a.m. on your day of arrival for an additional cost. Please make arrangements at least one week in advance.
- 1pm. We are happy to hold your luggage on your check out day while you tour or shop.
- Breakfast is served between 9:00 and 10:30 a.m.
- We are a pet friendly hotel for our guests traveling with their pets. Please ask about availability when reserving and let us know the type & size of your pet.. Charges will be made if any damages are incurred.
- Casa Estrella is a non-smoking inn. There is no smoking permitted anywhere within the rooms or in the buildings. We really do care if you smoke in our inn and there will be one additional night’s stay charged on your credit card if the innkeeper or housekeeper determine that you’ve been smoking in the room or any other undesignated smoking area. They do not necessarily have to see you smoking. Smoking is only permitted in certain areas outside specified by the innkeeper.
- We want you to enjoy your stay in Colonial Mexico and especially at Casa Estrella. This penalty is meant to discourage smoking and cover the cost of cleaning. When we confirm your reservation, as a guest you agree to our non-smoking policy.
Cancellation (Important, please note:):
- Suites: Any cancellation for a suite must be received 5-days prior to your arrival date. Once a reservation has been confirmed and your payment processed, all cancellations are subject to a 20% cancellation fee to cover our credit card processing costs. Cancellations made within 5 days of your arrival, or after your arrival, may not be refundable. Because we are a small inn, cancellations made during our high season may also not be refundable, especially during the Cervantino Festival, Christmas and Semana Santa.
Personal Property (Also important, please read):
- We provide our guests with a lockable cabinet in their suite for storage of valuable personal property. A safe is also available in the office for the storage of valuables. Safeguarding of valuables, such as jewelry, watches, cash or important documents, is the responsibility of our guests. A guest who fails to deposit these types of valuables with the innkeeper will not be able to recover loss, destruction or damage of the same.
- We have one wheelchair accessible room (Guadalupe).
- PAII - Professional Association of Innkeepers International since 2001.
- Mexican Hotel Association of Guanajuato
- AAA - American Automobile Association - www.aaa.com - Provides towing services, travel discounts, multi-line insurance, vehicle financing, plus travel maps.